Thursday, January 21, 2010

Books, Books and more Books...

Shantaram: A NovelSome time ago, I mentioned that I was reading Shantaram, by Gregory David Roberts. I'm now finished it, and it was fabulous!! I think this has to be my favorite book that I recall reading in a very long time. Although...to be truthful, for the past couple years, I haven't read anything that isn't to do with how to sail, why to sail, when to sail, where to sail, and so on. This book was a real treat - thanks to Sooh for passing it on to me. It has made me add "Explore India" to my list of life's goals.


I also just finished reading An Embarrassment of Mangoes by Ann Vanderhoof. Betsy passed this book to us in Sausalito, and we both enjoyed this easy-to-read account of a couple's 2 year sailing interlude in the Carribean.

Now, I'm reading Lord of the Rings. Shocking, I know. I've never been tempted by fantasy fiction-witches, wizards, goblins have not caught my interest. But Steve from Narama gave this to us, and since I've not actually read any fantasy before, I thought I should at least give it a go. And since I've seen the movie...at least I have a bit of a head start. I'll let you know how it goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - thanks for leaving a comment on the blog! Cheers - John and Naomi