Sunday, June 19, 2011

When was the last time...

That you had to bring in a flat bed truck in order to take home the fish you just caught??


Well, I have to admit that I've never had to call in a truck for my fishing exploits. In fact. All the fish I've ever caught (in my life) would probably fit into the trunk of my Civic.

SO...that provides a bit of context for this...

I'm sitting in the boat, cleaning the galley (guest is coming, remember), and this is what I see out the port hole!!
 
Without doubt the biggest Marlin I've ever seen. The young guy, Ryan, caught the fish.
It took him 2 and a half hours to bring it to the boat. And then they had to drag it to the marina, as they couldn't bring it aboard. Whew. It weighed 198 KILOS!! It was a Blue Marlin. Beautiful. Amazing. Humongous. And Sad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - thanks for leaving a comment on the blog! Cheers - John and Naomi